The first thing you should know, is that I avoid “Death by Powerpoint” at all cost. Sometimes I will show up with just one slide reading “Q&A.” The conversation is what’s important, and addressing your individual challenges and concerns is what’s important.
I don’t just talk about Social Media; I go deeper. In the context of the Internet, Social Media is just one component of how to be successful. When you understand that the entire web has become social, you will realize that it takes more than a Social Media Marketing playbook to get where you are going. For some companies, Facebook is right, for others it’s using Yelp, in the end, the platform is less important than understanding how to find opportunity and how to recognize changing behavior.
Social Technologies offer businesses an amazing opportunity to bring a greater level of value and respect to customers and employees. There is an opportunity to be more human, more compassionate and build stronger bonds. It’s a win-win, companies can grow their business while refusing to let customers become just numbers.
No two businesses are alike, so throw away the templates and focus on the unique challenges.
- Social Business: Rewire your Brain, Rewire your Business
- How to Build a Social Media Strategy
- Buzzworthy Content: Social Media’s Secret Sauce
- Social Media Tools for Small Business Growth
- The Real Reasons Why You Should Care About Inbound Marketing
- Pinterest for Social Businesses
- Conversations are Happening, Are You Listening?
- Why now is the perfect time to start your Blog
- Twitter: Why it’s my favorite thing on the Internet
- Facebook: More than 800 Million People Use It, Only a Few Use It Effectively
- Facebook Timeline: It’s time to tell your story
- LinkedIn: No Pokes, No Games, Just Business
- Google+: For Personal, For Professional, For the Future of Search
- Make it Eventful: Supercharge Your Event Marketing
- The NEW Alumni: Engage them, or lose them.
Below is a sample of some of the conferences & organizations where Jeff has spoken.
- Social Media Strategies Summit 2013: Las Vegas
- Podcamp East 2012
- Center City Proprietor’s Association
- CEO Intronet
- AMC Institute: ASAE Pre-Conference 2010
- Constant Contact at the National Constitution Center
- South Street Headhouse District
- National Black MBA Association
- New York University
- Drexel University: LeBow College of Business
- Temple University: Fox School of Business
- Penn State: Smeal School of Business Alumni Association
- Saint Joseph’s University